Friday, August 12, 2011

Historic Route 66



Cruising down Historic Route 66 I stumbled across the Elbow Inn - it was "Bike Nite" so if you rode a motorcycle there you got your beers for $1, and free food. When I inquired about camping, well, it just so happened they also run a campsite behind the bar. A little flirtation with the bar maid meant that I got to camp for free along the Big Piney. I really can't think of a more perfect combination than a bar/campsite.

It was an incredibly enjoyable evening and I met a lot of interesting people. Needless to say my BMW was the only non-Harley in attendance, until this guy with the Moto-Guzzi showed up. He and I were the last to leave!

4 comments:

  1. "I really can't think of a more perfect combination than a bar/campsite." hahahahah...

    GREAT picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If anyone can wrangle free camping behind a bar, it's Ron.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a delightful sequence of coincidences!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you're having fun out there on the road. This little journal of yours is an extra special treat Chai. Hope you might also be keeping a journal or pin pointing your road map of where the better scenery and road stops are along your way.

    Keep having fun.

    - Badger

    ReplyDelete